Our national patient survey results
Last year we launched the UK’s first ever national fertility patient survey, which gave the opportunity to anyone who had recently gone through fertility treatment in the UK in the last five years, and their partner, to share their experiences and help inform our policy and identify areas for improvement.
Run on our behalf by the polling experts YouGov, this survey covered everything from cost of treatments, the ease of finding reliable information, outcomes and the emotional support provided them.
With over 1000 responses from all over the country, the survey represented a huge amount of insight and information.
The headline findings include:
- 75% were satisfied with their treatment.
- 63% were able to provide feedback at any time during their treatment.
- 62% of those who used private treatment paid more than they expected for treatment.
- 77% of those that utilised treatment ‘add-ons’ were satisfied with how open and transparent the costs of these were.
- Private clinic users were more likely to say they were aware of us, the HFEA when compared to those who used NHS clinics.
- 20% do not remember receiving any information on emotional support.
- 56% of those that sought advice from a GP were satisfied with the advice they received.
Download and read the full report and its accompanying data
Publication date: 9 January 2019
Review date: 9 January 2021